- Fidel Castro’s death is a chance to learn about the failures of socialism, but don’t expect to hear the truth from President Obama.
- Before anyone gets nostalgic about Castro, let’s get the facts straight.
- Castro killed over 140,000 people, and thousands more died trying to flee his regime.
- He cracked down on free speech and the freedom to assemble, filling Cuban prisons with critics of the Castro government.
- Socialism under Castro left a nasty legacy, and we have to be willing to recognize it.
Sign up for vote alerts and commentary from Conservative Review with our weekly newsletter!