Immigrants from Afghanistan, Pakistan, Syria and Somalia arrived in the Greek island Lesvon and wait to enter in the to go to the detention center to apply for residence permits on May 1, 2015. (Photo by Dimitrios Chantzaras/NurPhoto) *** Please Use Credit from Credit Field ***
Has America already become like Europe with respect to homegrown terror and Islamic immigration? Either way, what can we do to delay the inevitable slide into cultural suicide and crossing that point of no return many European countries have already traversed?
These are the questions we never hear asked of the presidential candidates, even though they cut to the core of the most existential security threat to our generation and future generations.
For all the talk of ISIS and Putin, nobody in the political class wants to discuss the 800-pound gorilla in the room – the widespread threat of homegrown terror due to endless immigration from the Middle East. Here are some shocking facts that the presidential candidates would be wise to address, especially in light of what we are seeing in Europe.
7 Facts to Consider:
- Numbers: We have admitted approximately 1.6 million immigrants from predominantly Muslim countries from 2001-2013, double the average rate prior to 9/11.
- Recent Trend: Immigration from Muslim countries is the fastest growing segment of our annual admissions. The countries with the highest percentage increase since 2010 have all been predominantly Muslim countries. Saudi Arabia (up 93 percent); Bangladesh up 37 percent); Iraq (up 36 percent); Egypt (up 25 percent); Pakistan, India, and Ethiopia (all up 24 percent); Nigeria and Ghana (both up 21 percent)
- Trajectory: According to Pew Research, the Muslim population is expected to triple by 2050 – from 2.77 million to 8.1 million. It is expected to double in just 15 years and surpass the United State’s Jewish population by 2040.
- Student Visas: In 2014, the State Department granted roughly 54,000student visas to Saudi nationals, the most of any country. The Saudi student visa program has grown ten-fold since 9/11. Arabic is the fastest growing language on U.S. campuses.
- Arabs Dominate Refugee Program: Arabic is the most common language spoken by refugees and that has been the case for over a decade. Since FY 2008, 98,370 refugees have been native Arabic speakers and 38,868 have been native Somali speakers. Among refugees from the Middle East, 91.3% received Food Stamps and 73.1% received Medicaid.
- U.S. Hosts Largest Share of Refugees from High Risk Countries: America has admitted 135,545 refugees from Iraq alone since FY 2007. After admitting over 100,000 Somali refugees from 1993-2013, we are still bringing in up to 10,000 more each year. Of the 15,470 Somali refugees brought in since fiscal year 2014, 99.7% have been Muslim. Obama plans to bring in 15,000 more refugees from East Africa, despite the security problems we’ve been having with a segment of the Somali refugee population.
- Sentiments of American Muslims: According to a poll commissioned by the Center for Security Policy, 51% of Muslims living in America believe “Muslims in America should have the choice of being governed according to sharia.” Twenty-nine percent agree that violence against those who insult Mohammad is acceptable and 25% agree that violence against America can be justified as part of Global Jihad. Among males under the age of 45 that number rises to 36%. Twenty-nine percent of males under 45 believe that violence against America is justified in order to make Sharia the law of the land. Just 34% of males under 45 believe that if Sharia conflicts with the U.S. Constitution and the Bill of Rights our Founding documents should be considered supreme.
As you read through these, ask yourself this question: who ever voted for this?
The reason immigration from the Middle East presents such an existential threat is because Sharia law, at its core, is at odds with the safety and stability of America. Yet, once people immigrate here they are entitled to full due process under the law. Once they become citizens, they are entitled to all the benefits of citizens and cannot be stripped of that status unless they are found guilty of committing treason.
The job of government is to protect the existing citizenry. It’s up to the discretion of the existing citizenry whether to allow in immigrants – who to admit and who to reject. Any other generation would have exhibited enough compassion for their people and desire to see their country survive and would have been more circumspect in admitting more Sharia-adherent immigrants.
While our oceans can protect us from the physical invasion taking place in Europe, they cannot protect us from the political correctness and failed leadership of the politicians who willingly endanger our sovereignty, security, and society.
Author: Daniel Horowitz
Daniel Horowitz is a senior editor of Conservative Review. Follow him on Twitter @RMConservative.