While the mainstream media abuses some teen survivors of the Parkland school shooting to push for gun-control measures and shut down debate, it ignores others like Kyle Kashuv. The media is not helping survivors speak out; CNN and other networks are exploiting survivors by only letting certain kids tell their story — and spread misinformation — because it furthers a pro-gun control narrative.
Kashuv, 16, recently was interviewed by Townhall’s Guy Benson and spoke about why the mainstream media won’t have him on television to talk about his pro-Second Amendment views.
“Maybe because I don’t use inflammatory language. I speak calmly and logically without much emotion. I don’t necessarily make the very best headline,” Kashuv tells Benson.
Here’s the other side of the story:
- Kashuv is a “very strong Second Amendment supporter.” “As of right now, my main goal is to meet with legislators and represent to them that there are big Second Amendment supporters in our community. Through this entire thing, my number one concern has been making sure that the rights of innocent Americans aren’t infringed upon.”
- He did not want to enter the debate about guns. “I feel somewhat obligated to do this because the other half of America needs to be heard. I’m doing this because I have to.”
- Other members of the “Never Again” movement against school shootings are taking an “us vs. them” mentality. “It’s quite saddening because I support this Never Again movement in some aspects. Everything that isn’t for gun control, I fully support. But a lot of people in the movement, they view it as ‘you’re with us or you’re against us.’ There’s no middle ground.”
- Kashuv says the “ineffective” CNN town hall on guns divided America. “It was so counterproductive because Republicans would answer back, and they weren’t really able to voice logical concerns and [talk about] what they wanted to do because they were just booed. It was simply counterproductive. That’s the only word for it.”
- “The only way change will be accomplished is if we stop using inflammatory language, we sit down and have a logical discussion, we don’t call the person the enemy, we don’t shout at them, and we don’t boo them. That’s the only way a positive change will be made.”
You can read the full, excellent profile over at Townhall.com. Kyle Kushuv also spoke to CRTV’s Steven Crowder. You can watch that full interview here.
Let’s FIGHT BACK together …
… against the mainstream media’s biased reporting, selective facts, and outright propaganda. Sign up now for the daily dose of sunlight you need to disinfect the media’s lies. It’s free!
Chris Pandolfo is a staff writer and type-shouter for Conservative Review. He holds a B.A. in politics and economics from Hillsdale College. His interests are conservative political philosophy, the American founding, and progressive rock. Follow him on Twitter for doom-saying and great album recommendations @ChrisCPandolfo.
Send tips and hate mail to [email protected]