Daniel HorowitzPosted December 29, 2016 01:20 PM
In this final episode of The Conservative Conscience for 2016, Daniel lays bare the truth about the so-called Palestinian cause. The entire historical, legal, and geographical case for why there is no such thing as a distinct Arab “Palestinian” entity entitled to any land west of the Jordan River is recounted in this long episode.
It is incontrovertibly clear from a legal and historical standpoint that Israel has just as much of a right to exist within its so-called post-1967 borders as it does in its pre-’67 borders. It is also patently obvious that from a geographical, moral, and security standpoint that anyone advocating a two-state solution is implicitly denying Israel’s right to exist in any capacity.
Israel has already surrendered 94 percent of the land it acquired in a defensive war (waged against its very existence): The Sinai Peninsula and Gaza. Anyone promoting an Arab-Muslim state in the remaining 6 percent that would gut the heart of the tiny Jewish State — especially in light of the fact that Muslims control a land mass 640 times greater than Israel — is either woefully ignorant or supports something much more sinister.
It's time to get the facts straight: There already is an Arab Palestinian state: Jordan.
The two-state solution was carved out in 1922 in the last legally recognized agreement delineating boundaries of nation states. Arabs got 77 percent of the mandate for Palestine, which was all the land east of the Jordan River, while Jews got the land to the west of the river. History doesn’t lie.
"The Palestinian people does not exist. The creation of a Palestinian state is only a means for continuing our struggle against the state of Israel for our Arab unity. In reality today there is no difference between Jordanians, Palestinians, Syrians and Lebanese. Only for political and tactical reasons do we speak today about the existence of a Palestinian people."
— PLO official Zahir Muhsein, interview with Dutch newspaper Trouw, March 31, 1977
"The truth is that Jordan is Palestine and Palestine is Jordan."
— King Hussein, December 1981 interview with al-Nahar al-Arabi
“What you call Jordan is actually Palestine.”
— Yassir Arafat, 1974 interview with New Republic