Maryland Democrat proves loyalty to Kilmar Garcia; shirks constituents to visit him



Senator Chris Van Hollen (D-Md.) has been promoting his trip to El Salvador last week to meet Kilmar Abrego Garcia, the illegal immigrant who is currently sitting in an El Salvador prison.

President Donald Trump is not amused by Van Hollen’s leftist antics, and he made that clear in a Truth Social post, writing, “Senator Chris Van Hollen of Maryland looked like a fool yesterday standing in El Salvador begging for attention from the Fake News Media, or anyone. GRANDSTANDER!!!”

“I probably haven’t seen a public stunt face-plant as hard since my pal and friend Eric Bolling put ketchup on his hands to talk about how Obama had blood on his, and nobody got it,” Christopher Bedford, Blaze News senior editor for politics, tells Jill Savage and Matthew Peterson of “Blaze News Tonight.”


“That he would go and leave his constituents,” he continues, “leave Maryland behind, go to a foreign country, post TikTok videos about it, post on Twitter about it, post on Instagram about it, go to a prison to demand the release of someone who’s not one of his citizens, someone who’s been affiliated with a gang, someone who an immigration judge and an immigration appeals court has found is affiliated with a gang.”

Meanwhile, Bedford notes that a Maryland mother of five was beaten to death by an illegal immigrant and only got a minor press release in response. Rachel Morin was only 37 years old when she was found dead near the Ma & Pa Trail in Harford County on August 6, 2023, a day after she left for a jog.

“Just to show you where his priorities are,” Bedford says, mocking Van Hollen, “‘I’m gonna fly all the way down to El Salvador, and you’re going to pay for it. And these are my constituents, the foreigners of the world.’”

“I’ve long written that Democrats care more about foreigners than Americans. Not all Democrats, but a lot of their politicians care more about foreigners than they do about their actual Americans,” he adds.

Want more from 'Blaze News Tonight'?

To enjoy more provocative opinions, expert analysis, and breaking stories you won’t see anywhere else, subscribe to BlazeTV — the largest multi-platform network of voices who love America, defend the Constitution, and live the American dream.

Sen. Van Hollen's bizarre mission to bring MS-13 associate back to US is a humiliating bust



Maryland Senator Chris Van Hollen is among the Democrats who decided that bringing a deported MS-13 associatefound by more than one immigration court to be a "danger to the community" — back to the United States is somehow a worthy cause.

After failing to secure a meeting with Salvadoran President Nayib Bukele during his visit to Washington, D.C., on Monday, Van Hollen declared that he was headed to El Salvador to visit with alleged gangster Kilmar Abrego Garcia, "show solidarity" with the Salvadoran national's family, and possibly bring about his return.

Van Hollen's trip — which came amid the release of more damning information about the MS-13 affiliate whom he seeks to liberate from accountability — has been a complete bust.

The Democratic junior senator indicated during a press conference in San Salvador Wednesday that Vice President Félix Ulloa decided not to let him visit Abrego Garcia in the Terrorism Confinement Center where Abrego Garcia is presently detained. The foreign leader apparently noted that if Van Hollen wants to arrange a tour of the prison, he will "need to make earlier provisions."

"I asked him if I came back next week whether I would be able to see Mr. Abrego Garcia," said Van Hollen. "He said he couldn't promise that either."

The Democratic senator said that Ulloa suggested that a video call with the MS-13 associate was similarly out of the question.

'This is an unsustainable and unjust moment.'

The Salvadoran vice president apparently also rebuffed Van Hollen's request for Abrego Garcia's release.

Van Hollen had trouble handling the rejection and for good reason — he has vowed not to stop fighting and not to rest until El Salvador relinquishes custody of its gang-affiliated citizen.

"Why is the government of El Salvador continuing to imprison a man where they have no evidence that he's committed any crime and they have not been provided any evidence from the United States that he has committed any crime?" Van Hollen told reporters. "So they should just let him go, and they should let him go, and we will find a way to get him from El Salvador to Maryland."

Van Hollen noted that other Democrats are making their way to El Salvador, apparently in hopes of succeeding where he has failed.

"I may be the first United States senator to visit El Salvador on this issue, but there will be more, and there will be more members of Congress coming," said Van Hollen. "This is an unsustainable and unjust moment, so it cannot continue."

Democrats' preferred narrative concerning Abrego Garcia — where he is a traduced "Maryland man," a hardworking father unjustly separated from his home and family by a callous Trump administration — has collapsed under the weight of mounting details about the Salvadoran's past.

Abrego Garcia stole into the U.S. illegally and without inspection in 2011.

He was summoned eight years later to appear in removal proceedings. During a bond a hearing, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement stated that a confidential informant flagged Abrego Garcia as an active member of MS-13. The illegal alien's bond was denied, with the court reportedly finding "that Abrego Garcia was a danger to the community."

The Salvadoran MS-13 associate — whose lawyers claim the gang label is false — appealed that decision to the Board of Immigration Appeals, where an immigration judge reasoned in April 2019 that "the determination that the Respondent is a gang member appears to be trustworthy and is supported by other evidence in the record."

While the court found that Abrego Garcia was removable, he ultimately secured withholding of removal on the basis of the claim that he might face violence back home in El Salvador.

While good news for the Salvadoran national, this may not have been good news for his wife.

Court documents show that the alleged gangster's wife, Jennifer Vasquez, petitioned a Maryland court for a domestic violence protective order against Abrego Garcia in 2021. Vasquez also filed and received a protective order the previous year.

According to the documents, Abrego Garcia allegedly grabbed, punched, bruised, and scratched his wife, as well as ripped off her shirt in front of their then-infant.

Vasquez told the New York Post Wednesday that she asked for protection from Abrego Garcia in 2021 because she was "acting out of caution" "in case things escalated" and that their marriage has since grown stronger.

— (@)

The Tennessee Star revealed in a bombshell report Wednesday that the alleged wife-beater Van Hollen is trying to bring back to Maryland may have been involved in human trafficking.

Tennessee Highway Patrol reportedly pulled the Salvadoran national over on Dec. 6, 2022, and discovered that he was transporting seven passengers from Texas to Maryland.

The THP officer realized that Abrego Garcia, who did not have a valid driver's license at the time, was on a terrorist watch list but not on a deportation list. One of the alleged gangster's passengers also was apparently on a terrorist watch list.

The officer, concerned that Abrego Garcia was engaged in human trafficking, reportedly notified the Biden FBI, which instructed him to take pictures of Abrego Garcia and his passengers, then to release them.

While Van Hollen has gone far out of his way to bring the alleged domestic abuser and potential human trafficking gangster back to the United States, the mother of Rachel Morin indicated that the Democratic Maryland senator did not bother to reach out to her when her daughter was raped and murdered in Maryland by an illegal alien from El Salvador.

Unlike Van Hollen, the Trump White House has shown interest in Morin's tragic story.

The White House gave Patty Morin an opportunity Wednesday to speak to the nation about her daughter. The Angel Mom expressed confusion about why Van Hollen, "who didn't even acknowledge or barely acknowledged [her] daughter and the brutal death that she endured," would waste "taxpayer money to fly to El Salvador to bring back someone that's not even an American citizen."

"I don't understand this," said Morin.

— (@)

Like Blaze News? Bypass the censors, sign up for our newsletters, and get stories like this direct to your inbox. Sign up here!

‘60 Minutes’ pushes lies to derail Trump’s deportation mandate



As the rubble is still being cleared from the presidential election, the corporate media should reflect on its shamelessly partisan coverage and how it once again failed to gauge voter sentiment. Instead, it is launching a massive campaign to sway public opinion against the priorities of Donald Trump’s second administration, specifically his plan to deport the millions of individuals who entered the country illegally over the past four years.

This may seem like a Herculean lift, given that Trump made immigration reform a cornerstone of his campaign. Voters rewarded him with a landslide victory in the Electoral College and a decisive popular vote margin. Consistent with those results, a majority of Americans now support mass deportations. Undaunted, anti-borders activists in network and cable news are working tirelessly to derail Trump’s immigration policies, using misleading data, selective omissions, and sentimental appeals.

The recent election results show the old media strategy is failing harder than ever.

The campaign began even before Election Day. A week prior, CBS’ once-esteemed “60 Minutes” aired a feature examining what Trump’s immigration policy might entail. Correspondent Cecilia Vega accompanied Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents on an arrest, spoke with illegal immigrants facing potential deportation, and interviewed Tom Homan, Trump’s pick for border czar and former acting ICE director. Full disclosure: Homan previously served as a senior fellow at the Immigration Reform Law Institute.

During her interview with Homan, Vega used selective data to argue against mass deportations while disregarding statistics that strongly support the policy. She claimed, without citing a source, that deporting one million illegal aliens annually would cost $88 billion, framing this as an unreasonable and unacceptable expense.

However, Vega omitted a 2023 cost study showing that illegal immigration imposes a total fiscal burden of $150.7 billion on U.S. taxpayers each year. This estimate obviously does not include the additional costs from 2024 or the additional strain on social services intended for U.S. citizens and legal residents. Why continue paying so much for chaos and crime when stable communities could be achieved for less?

The report also featured Jason Houser, a former ICE chief of staff during the Biden administration, who portrayed himself as a pragmatic government official in opposition to Homan’s alleged extremism. Houser noted that detaining illegal aliens arrested by ICE costs $150 per night, a figure framed as an unnecessary waste of taxpayer dollars.

Vega again failed to provide viewers with the complete story. Under the Biden administration’s border policies, the federal government and New York City have been spending an average of $256 per night to house illegal aliens in The Row, a 1,331-room luxury hotel in Manhattan, as well as roughly 140 other properties across the five boroughs. It’s a similar story in Chicago and other large sanctuary cities. A local New York news outlet found that The Row wastes tons of fresh, edible food meant for migrants by throwing it in the trash daily. If fiscal responsibility is the goal, it doesn’t take an economics degree to recognize that ICE detention is the more cost-effective option.

As it has done for years when arguing against border security, the media continues to highlight the most sympathetic individuals here illegally, portraying them as victims of a heartless, xenophobic policy. “60 Minutes” followed this familiar script, featuring a crying woman in Baltimore expressing fear that her family members might be deported.

The report conveniently ignored the most sympathetic victims of illegal immigration: angel families, whose loved ones were killed by violent criminals, drunk drivers, or others who never should have been in the country. Why didn’t the story include families of victims like Jocelyn Nungaray, Laken Riley, or Rachel Morin? And why no mention of the 325,000 migrant children the Biden administration has lost track of, many of whom face risks of sex trafficking and forced labor?

The answer is obvious: “60 Minutes” sought not to provide an objective examination of a complex issue but to deliver propaganda designed to sway public opinion against the Trump administration’s forthcoming enforcement of immigration laws.

As with so many other issues, the corporate media aims to convince you to ignore the reality you observe daily and instead accept the ideologically driven, manufactured narrative it presents. The recent election results show the old media strategy is failing harder than ever.

Merrick Garland’s DOJ Pep Rally Proves Trump Won the Debate

Merrick Garland is right to be concerned about the politicization of the DOJ and the federal government, but maybe he and Kamala Harris should look in the mirror.

Trump promises death penalty for illegal alien sex traffickers — victims’ families endorse former president



On Thursday, former President Donald Trump visited Cochise County, Arizona, to tour the southern border and hold a press conference, during which he vowed to impose the death penalty for illegal aliens convicted of sex trafficking.

"We will impose tough new sentences on illegal alien criminals, including 10-year mandatory minimum sentences for anyone guilty of human smuggling; a guaranteed life sentence for any one guilty of child trafficking; and a death penalty for anyone guilty of child or woman sex trafficking," Trump declared. "We'll also impose the death penalty on major drug dealers and traffickers."

Trump also promised to impose the death penalty for those who kill federal or local law enforcement officials.

Trump, joined by law enforcement agents and families of the victims of recent violent crimes committed by illegal immigrants, kicked off his speech by slamming the Democratic Party for forcing President Joe Biden (D) out of the race and replacing him with his vice president, Kamala Harris. He warned that Harris would be a "Marxist president."

'I really hope everybody can hear my pain.'

Trump discussed the Biden-Harris administration's failed border policies and manufactured illegal immigration crisis. During his press conference, he pointed to sections of the border wall stacked up and lying on the ground, never installed.

"All of this wall was built at great expense," Trump said. "It just had to be stood up."

"It's sad to see it sitting here," he added.

He stated that Harris "unleashed a deadly plague of migrant crime" by keeping the border open.

"Since comrade Harris took over the border, there has been a 43% nationwide increase in violent crime and a 60% increase in rape," Trump claimed.

He introduced the mother of Rachel Morin, a 37-year-old mother of five who was reportedly raped and murdered by an illegal immigrant in Maryland. According to authorities, Victor Antonio Martinez-Hernandez, a 23-year-old El Salvadorian national who was charged with Morin's murder, entered the U.S. illegally after murdering a woman in El Salvador. He was also accused of attacking a 9-year-old girl and her mother in Los Angeles last year.

Morin's mother, Patty, described the devastation of receiving the phone call from a detective that her daughter's body had been recovered.

"The reason why I came here today and I accepted the invitation is because I really want our words to be heard, and I really want you to take to heart what we're saying. We're not here for a political stand, although we are. We're here because we're losing our moms, our daughters, our children to criminals, and that shouldn't happen," Patty Morin stated.

"We're going to end up being a third-world country if it continues this way. And I hope, truly, I hope that you would just take my words to heart because it's devastating to lose a child. But even more devastating when you see the pictures or you see the body and you really understand what's happened to that person," she added.

The mother of Jocelyn Nungaray, a 12-year-old girl who was reportedly raped and murdered by two illegal aliens in Texas, also spoke at the news conference on Thursday afternoon.

Alexis Nungaray thanked Trump for inviting her to speak about the tragic murder of her daughter.

"She was left with no clothing from the waist down, was thrown in a bayou, left, was strangled to death. We believe, yes, she was assaulted," Alexis Nungaray stated. "But it's still very, very early and still very, very raw, and it is still very, very surreal. They had no reason to do anything that they did to Jocelyn. There was over 300 detention beds that they should have been at because they were detained, and they were released when they shouldn't have been released. One had an ankle monitor, didn't stop anything."

"I just really, really, really want everybody to please take into consideration how important border control is because we're losing very innocent people to heinous crimes that shouldn't be happening in the first place," she remarked. "So, please, please, I really hope everybody can hear my pain. Please, please, he [Trump] needs to be in office."

Trump vowed to secure the border and initiate the "largest deportation effort in American history."

Like Blaze News? Bypass the censors, sign up for our newsletters, and get stories like this direct to your inbox. Sign up here!

Biden’s Border Lies Catch Up With Him In First Debate

'To be clear, we never have and never will endorse Biden,' the National Border Patrol Council quickly tweeted.