7th Cincinnati mob attack suspect arrested; black leaders want charges against white male who slapped black male's face



A seventh Cincinnati mob attack suspect has been arrested — and black leaders want charges brought against a white male who was seen on video slapping the face of a black male just before the July 26 beatdown began.

Gregory Wright, 32, was taken into custody Monday and booked into the Hamilton County jail by 4:30 p.m. on charges of aggravated riot and aggravated robbery, WXIX-TV reported, adding that he pleaded not guilty at his Tuesday arraignment.

'You don't tug on Superman's cape, you don't spit in the wind, you don't pull the mask off the ol' Lone Ranger, and you don't slap a black man in the face.'

Hamilton County Municipal Court Judge Tyrone Yates set Wright's bond at $100,000, the station said, adding that he will be on lockdown at home with an electronic monitoring device on his ankle if he bonds out of jail.

A criminal complaint indicates that police said Wright "did by force rip the necklace off the victim while he was being assaulted by four or more co-defendants attempting to cause serious physical harm," WXIX reported.

Wright then put the necklace in his pocket and took video of "the rest of the events," the station said, citing a police flyer asking for information about the suspect, now identified as Wright.

RELATED: Mother of Cincinnati mob attack suspect defends 'honor roll' son, 34, charged with felonious assault, aggravated riot

WXIX, citing court records, reported that Wright is a convicted heroin trafficker who, for most of his adult life, has been in and out of state prison and Hamilton County's jail.

More from the station:

Cincinnati police alleged in court filings in late 2013 and early 2014 that he sold heroin to a confidential informant on four occasions, including near the Cincinnati Zoo Academy.

They wrote in one of his many criminal complaints that he ran from officers on Nov. 1, 2013, in the area of Parkwood Avenue in Avondale and threw a plastic baggie holding individual prepared baggies of heroin.

When police caught up with him later that day on Vine Street, he had $662 on him and an additional baggie of heroin in his vehicle, the court filing states.

Several charges against him have been dropped amid plea deals with prosecutors or dismissed altogether at their request, the court filings show.

Those include possession of fentanyl, obstructing official business, trafficking in heroin, and possession of drugs.

WXIX also said Wright has been convicted of possession of drugs, illegally having a gun — he is unable to possess one due to his previous felony conviction — and carrying concealed weapons.

More from the station:

In the 2021 gun case, he was accused of running when police responded to a fight on Crown Point Drive in Sharonville.

Then, he violated the conditions of his probation by failing to report to his probation officer later that year, court records continue.

He failed to comply with his electronic monitoring court order, accumulating multiple curfew violations between Aug. 24, 2021, and June 28, 2022, plus the battery was dead on his ankle bracelet, the probation violation order states.

As Blaze News previously reported, six Cincinnati mob attack suspects were indicted Friday and hit with additional charges — and could get decades behind bars. At the time, the six were the only suspects police had charged in connection with the mob attack, but authorities also noted that more arrests and charges could be forthcoming.

RELATED: All 6 Cincinnati mob attack suspects indicted, hit with more charges — and could get decades behind bars

WLWT-TV said the following five suspects have appeared in court: 39-year-old Jermaine Matthews, 24-year-old Dekyra Vernon, 34-year-old Montianez Merriweather, 25-year-old Aisha Devaughn, and 37-year-old Dominique Kittle. A sixth suspect, 38-year-old Patrick Rosemond, was arrested last Monday in Georgia.

All six suspects were indicted on eight charges each: three counts of felonious assault, three counts of assault, and two counts of aggravated riot, WLWT said, adding that each suspect faces up to 29.5 years in prison if convicted on all eight charges.

You can view cellphone videos of the mob attack here, here, here, here, and here.

Meanwhile, Cincinnati's black leaders are saying the case's prosecution so far has been unfair to the black community — and they're demanding charges against a white male seen on video slapping the face of a black male just prior to the mob attack breaking out.

RELATED: Cincinnati official who said mob attack victims 'begged' for beating doubles down; woman punched in face records tearful clip

"What incited and who incited the rioting? If the riot is because of a slap, who incited the rioting?" Rev. Damon Lynch said to a crowd Monday at New Prospect Baptist Church in the Roselawn neighborhood, WXIX reported in a separate story.

After Lynch, who is black, played video of the face slap, he told the crowd, "And [mean]while the only people charged — again I'll say it — are the ones who look like me," the station said.

Ohio state Rep. Cecil Thomas (D) of Cincinnati added that "we have been asking why that individual, who slapped the black person, that ignited what has been identified as aggravated rioting, wasn't under arrest," WXIX noted.

Senior Pastor Tracie Hunter of Western Hills Brethren in Christ — who's also an attorney and a former Hamilton County Juvenile Court judge — said the case's investigation has been unjust, with unequal prosecution between white and black suspects, the station said.

"Six black people have been indicted ... but the white individual that appeared to incite the fight or riot and the other white individuals involved have not been charged at all," Hunter said, according to WXIX.

Hunter added that the white man "clearly intended to commit violence when he slapped the black man and set off the chain of events," the station reported.

WXIX said it reached out to Cincinnati Police Chief Teresa Theetge for comment and is waiting to hear back; in addition, the Hamilton County Prosecutor’s Office declined to comment to the station.

Cincinnati Mayor Aftab Pureval on Tuesday said, "If you slap someone, if you engage in that kind of violence, you should be held accountable. I'm not going to tell the investigators what to do; that's not my role,” WXIX said in a yet another story.

The mayor added that "until everyone is held accountable, we haven't served justice," the station said.

Pureval during an Aug. 1 news conference about the mob attack said the male seen on video issuing the slap prior to the beatdown is being "actively investigated."

BlazeTV host Jason Whitlock — who's been commenting consistently on the mob beatdown since it all unfolded late last month — on Tuesday blasted Cincinnati's black leaders for their collective stance.

"If anybody watched this video, if anybody sees men and women kicking a man while he's down, if anybody sees a picture of a woman beaten, knocked out, and says, 'Hey, I'm going to organize a press conference at a church in Cincinnati,' and black leaders are going to complain, 'Hey, why isn't this white man that's getting kicked in the head, why hasn't he been charged?' that's a group of people in need of some humility," Whitlock said.

RELATED: 8 mainstream news outlets that REFUSED to cover Cincinnati mob attack

- YouTube www.youtube.com

One of the clips Whitlock aired shows Rev. Lynch altering the lyrics of a Jim Croce song for his own purposes as he spoke to the crowd at church: "You don't tug on Superman's cape, you don't spit in the wind, you don't pull the mask off the ol' Lone Ranger, and you don't slap a black man in the face."

Whitlock responded to Lynch's words by saying, "Why is he racializing this? It's disrespectful to slap anyone, regardless of color, in the face. Is he saying ... if a black person slaps a black person in the face, it's OK? If a black gang member shoots a black man in the face, it's OK? If a black gang member accidentally shoots some young black child, it's OK? But everybody knows that you don't slap a black man in the face, I guess, unless you're black. He's in a church talking about common street thugs — and I'll include the white guy in that, because he ... seemed to be trying to fight with someone. ... [The reverend is] justifying to the people in that audience and other black people in Cincinnati that if you get slapped in the face by a white person, a gang of you all should jump on that man and beat up the woman. This is inside of a church! This is insanity; this is lack of humility."

Like Blaze News? Bypass the censors, sign up for our newsletters, and get stories like this direct to your inbox. Sign up here!

Illegals make list of demands for FREE 'culturally appropriate food,' housing, and immigration lawyers



A group of immigrants who have set up camp in Denver, Colorado, have been ordered to vacate their makeshift homes under a bridge and near train tracks — but they’re refusing to budge.

Some of the immigrant encampments also feature Palestinian flags.

While the immigrants have been asked to move to indoor shelters funded by the city, they have instead come up with a list of 13 demands to Mayor Mike Johnston.

“They took the time to break into our country illegally, go all the way to Denver. The least we can do is get them a house to live in,” Pat Gray mocks.

The immigrants reportedly have “had their grievances in the past” regarding the food provided by the city.

“There have been so many complaints about the food being spoiled, or not being enough, and malnutrition amongst children,” immigrant “advocate” V. Reeves tells reporters, adding that “they're not receiving any kind of official housing or immigration document support which is incredibly necessary.”

Included on the list of demands is that the immigrants will cook their own food with fresh, culturally appropriate ingredients provided by the city instead of pre-made meals, and that shower access will be available without time limits and can be accessed whenever.

They also demand regular medical professional visits, referrals/connections for specialty care to be made as needed, and free immigration lawyers per family.

Housing support is to be provided to the immigrants as well as a “clear, just process before exiting someone for any reason.”

All the shelter residents will receive connection to employment support, including work permit applications.

“You can’t make this stuff up,” Gray says, astounded.


Want more from Pat Gray?

To enjoy more of Pat's biting analysis and signature wit as he restores common sense to a senseless world, subscribe to BlazeTV — the largest multi-platform network of voices who love America, defend the Constitution, and live the American dream.

Twitter employees panned for letter to Elon Musk demanding continued employment, 'safety'



A letter, ostensibly composed by and on behalf of some Twitter employees, surfaced online this week — to very poor reviews. The writers of the letter "demand" Elon Musk maintain "the current headcount" at Twitter as well as the fringe benefits and "safety" so many employees have enjoyed, should Musk's acquisition of the Big Tech platform proceed as expected. However, critics responded to the letter by accusing Twitter employees of acting like spoiled brats.

Time acquired a draft of the letter, which Independent claimed "has not yet been published but has been circulating around Twitter’s staff." In the letter, the writers make a series of demands, including:

  • a "respect [for] the platform and the workers who maintain it by committing to preserving the current headcount";
  • "safety" from discrimination, including discrimination based on "political beliefs";
  • "safety" for foreign employees whose visa status may be jeopardized if they lose their jobs; and
  • "dignity."
The letter comes in response to reports that Musk intends to downsize staffing levels by as much as 75%, from 7,500 employees down to 2,000, as soon as he takes over the company.

Such "negligent layoff threats" "will hurt Twitter’s ability to serve the public conversation" and act as a form "of worker intimidation," the letter signers insist.

The letter closes with the request that the undersigned "not be treated as mere pawns in a game played by billionaires."

Despite the seriousness with which Twitter employees seem to view the matter, many on the right see their list of demands as little more than a digital temper tantrum.

Editor in chief of the National Pulse Raheem Kassam referred to it as the wailings of the "participation trophy generation."


\u201cNEW: An unknown number of Twitter employees are circulating an open letter to @elonmusk demanding they be allowed to keep all their jobs, pick journalistic and geopolitical winners and losers, and retain all their employment benefits.\n\nThe participation trophy generation.\u201d
— Raheem J. Kassam (@Raheem J. Kassam) 1666703405

Jeff Carlson of EpochTV wrote, "It's hilarious that Twitter's own workforce describes precisely WHY Elon needs to get rid of 75% of Twitter employees."

\u201c"Elon Musk's Plan to lay off 75% of Twitter workers will hurt Twitter's ability to serve the public conversation."\n\nIt's hilarious that Twitter's own workforce describes precisely WHY Elon needs to get rid of 75% of Twitter employees.\u201d
— Jeff Carlson (@Jeff Carlson) 1666713487

Investor Jason Howerton added, "If I wanted to keep my job, I'd be working to make it clear to @elonmusk how much value I bring to the co."

\u201c.@Twitter employees are so entitled & unaccustomed to accountability, they've sent a letter to the OWNER of the co. with a litany of "demands."\n\nThat's not how life works.\n\nIf I wanted to keep my job, I'd be working to make it clear to @elonmusk how much value I bring to the co.\u201d
— Jason Howerton (@Jason Howerton) 1666712877

Musk has not publicly commented on the letter. Whatever his feelings about it or about the current Twitter workforce, he claims he will fight to restore free speech to the platform.

"I will not let you down, no matter what it takes," Musk tweeted on Wednesday.

He is expected to acquire Twitter officially this Friday.