Abdul El-Sayed Touts Endorsements From Detroit Pastor He Paid $75,000 for ‘Consulting’: Arrangement Recalls Kamala Harris’s Payments to Al Sharpton

Influential Detroit pastor and radio host Horace Sheffield III enthusiastically endorsed Michigan Senate candidate Abdul El-Sayed during a radio interview last week, urging listeners to make "5 and 10 phone calls" to help propel the left-wing Democrat to victory. Unmentioned in the glowing interview was that El-Sayed's campaign has paid tens of thousands of dollars to Sheffield's nonprofit organization.

The post Abdul El-Sayed Touts Endorsements From Detroit Pastor He Paid $75,000 for ‘Consulting’: Arrangement Recalls Kamala Harris’s Payments to Al Sharpton appeared first on .

Abdul El-Sayed Falsely Claims He 'Removed' Lead from the Water in Detroit Elementary Schools When He Was City's Health Director

Democratic Senate hopeful Abdul El-Sayed has falsely and repeatedly claimed he removed lead from Detroit's elementary schools during his brief tenure as director of the troubled city's health department. At most, he implemented inadequate testing followed by modest, often failed, mitigation efforts to keep children from ingesting harmful lead and copper, according to legal filings and city records, including documents obtained by the Washington Free Beacon via Freedom of Information Act requests.

The post Abdul El-Sayed Falsely Claims He 'Removed' Lead from the Water in Detroit Elementary Schools When He Was City's Health Director  appeared first on .

Detroit man allegedly raped girlfriend's minor daughters while out on bond for previous child sex charge



A Detroit man is accused of a horrific string of child sex assaults after being released on bond for similar accusations in 2025.

33-year-old Denzielle Burt was released in June 2025, about a month after the initial child sex charges, according to a WJBK-TV report.

'The court does find you to be a danger to those witnesses, and you have cases also pending find you’re a danger to the community.'

He had been charged with first-degree criminal sexual conduct and posted 10% of the $250,000 bond.

Burt then raped his then-girlfriend's daughters, ages 8 and 9 years old, over a period of six months, according to prosecutors.

"The allegations are very serious. They’re multiple counts of criminal sexual conduct against 8- and 9-year-old complaining witnesses," said Magistrate Delphia Burton of the 36th District Court.

"Based upon those allegations, the court does find you to be a danger to those witnesses, and you have cases also pending find you’re a danger to the community," she added.

Court records indicate Burt was arrested on Thursday and charged with first-degree felony criminal sexual conduct with a person under 13.

No bond was recorded at that time.

Prosecutors said the two victims reportedly told the same story in forensic interviews.

WJBK said Burt pleaded not guilty.

There is little information known about the suspect apart from his job as a line cook and also that he has children of his own.

RELATED: Homeless man allegedly kidnapped and raped 15-year-old Seattle girl — and has a long record

Burton remanded Burt to jail during his arraignment, and he is due for another hearing on Thursday.

He will remain in jail throughout the criminal court process.

Like Blaze News? Bypass the censors, sign up for our newsletters, and get stories like this direct to your inbox. Sign up here!

'Flooded With Sewage and Garbage': Michigan's El-Sayed Says He 'Rebuilt' a Troubled Detroit-Area Juvenile Jail. Records Say Otherwise.

On the campaign trail, Michigan's left-wing Democratic Senate candidate, Abdul El-Sayed, has boasted that he "rebuilt" the troubled Wayne County Juvenile Detention Facility "from the studs" while serving as the Detroit-area county's health chief. Court filings, whistleblower reports, and state health records reviewed by the Washington Free Beacon tell a different story.

The post 'Flooded With Sewage and Garbage': Michigan's El-Sayed Says He 'Rebuilt' a Troubled Detroit-Area Juvenile Jail. Records Say Otherwise. appeared first on .

'I'm Gonna … Poison Her A— Slowly': University of Michigan Students and Graduates Charged by Feds With Violent, Anti-Israel Plot To Terrorize University, Jews

The Justice Department on Wednesday indicted eight young anti-Israel activists, most of whom studied or worked at the University of Michigan, for orchestrating a criminal plot "to terrorize government officials, businesses, and the Jewish Federation" of Detroit. The defendants, many of them known campus agitators, targeted the homes of university officials and intended to use "poison, bombs, and psychological torture" on their targets.

The post 'I'm Gonna … Poison Her A— Slowly': University of Michigan Students and Graduates Charged by Feds With Violent, Anti-Israel Plot To Terrorize University, Jews appeared first on .

Detroit priest administers righteous beatdown to suspected car thief: 'Just another day'



The Institute of Christ the King Sovereign Priest is a Roman Catholic society of apostolic life that boasts "solid and well-rounded" priests.

Rev. Canon Jean-Baptiste Commins, one of the institute's priests who has served as rector of Detroit's historic St. Joseph Shrine since 2021, demonstrated his solidity on Monday, coming out on top after a round with an 18-year-old suspect accused of stealing a car and crashing into another vehicle outside the church.

'I had to, unfortunately, give him a few punches.'

The young priest — a Franco-American citizen who grew up in a military family and was ordained in 2015 — told WJBK-TV that he was in the church parking lot when he heard the screech of tires followed by a loud crash.

Moments earlier, police spotted a vehicle they believed to have been stolen and attempted to initiate a traffic stop. The suspect clearly had other ideas.

Commins, wearing his priestly cassock, bolted to the source of the commotion and spotted a bloody man wearing only one shoe fleeing the scene. Hearing a cry for someone to stop the one-shoed suspect who was running his way, Commins rushed in for an interception.

The priest tackled and, aided by a parishioner, detained the 18-year-old suspected car thief until police arrived on the scene.

Commins — sporting some scrapes on his knuckles and a pair of bandaged fingers — told WJBK that he "grabbed him and put him down."

RELATED: Five standout denunciations and warnings in Pope Leo XIV's new papal encyclical

Emily Elconin/Getty Images

"He was resisting a lot, trying to run away, definitely," the priest continued. "So I had to, unfortunately, give him a few punches and hurt my hand a little bit — nothing major — but making sure that there was no threat since I didn't know if he had a gun, if he had a weapon. It was definitely suspicious behavior and probably guilty of the accident."

After police officers took over for the man of God, Commins rushed back to the site of the accident to check whether the woman in the vehicle that had been struck needed any help, the sacraments, or perhaps even a blessing.

Although Commins said the woman was initially "not very responsive," police said the victim suffered non-life-threatening injuries.

Commins told WJBK that once the situation outside his church was resolved, he said his prayers "as usual" and had dinner with the community.

"Just another day in the D!" Commins said, laughing.

The suspect was arrested in connection with the incident, and three others were detained. The Detroit Police Department did not immediately respond to Blaze News' request for comment.

The advocacy group CatholicVote called the priest "legendary."

Like Blaze News? Bypass the censors, sign up for our newsletters, and get stories like this direct to your inbox. Sign up here!

Michigan Senate Candidate Mallory McMorrow Says She's 'Open' to Reparations for Black Americans: 'This Country Owes a Huge Debt'

Michigan Democratic Senate candidate Mallory McMorrow said she is "open" to reparations for black Americans, including "debt forgiveness" and "home ownership forgiveness."

The post Michigan Senate Candidate Mallory McMorrow Says She's 'Open' to Reparations for Black Americans: 'This Country Owes a Huge Debt' appeared first on .

Vulgar candidate references female body parts, dances on stripper pole in campaign videos — but is she a Democrat?



A female candidate running for Congress in Michigan is testing the old adage that, when it comes to politics, there's no such thing as negative attention.

Shelby Campbell, a 32-year-old apparently self-described "c***," is looking to unseat far-left radical Democratic Rep. Shri Thanedar in the 13th district of Michigan, which includes Detroit and some neighboring cities. Thanedar was first elected in 2022.

There is also at least one video in which she imagines the genitalia of one of her male commenters.

To draw attention to her campaign, Campbell has released dozens of TikTok videos discussing, among other vulgar topics, how "f***able" she is, the explicit alleged circumstances surrounding the conception of the unborn child she claims to have aborted in 2023, and the fact that she "got some last night."

In multiple videos, Campbell flips the bird, while in other videos, she performs highly suggestive dance moves to songs with pornographic lyrics. In some, she even dances on a stripper pole, sometimes with a flag that reads "p***y power" in the background.

In one particularly uncouth alleged video that appears to have been deleted, she positions the camera to film up her shorts, then says, "I am a c***. Great. But would you know a cl** if you saw one?"

There is also at least one video in which she imagines the genitalia of one of her male commenters.

According to her campaign website, Campbell believes she can represent the 13th district well because she speaks the "language" of the people there and "can translate the lived experiences of working people into real policy." Perhaps to demonstrate her street cred, Campbell admits on the site that she has "been to jail" and even provides mug shots that document four arrests between 2012 and 2015.

"I’m not here to pretend I’m perfect," her website says.

"Leadership is shaped by lived experience, not perfection."

Her crude videos may have made the news, but she does have a political platform. She supports the Green New Deal, denounces capitalism as obsolete, demands "housing justice," slams "white women" for letting down their black sisters, and even though she claims to be a member of the United Auto Workers union and is vying to represent the Motor City, Campbell wants to increase public transportation and "reduce car dependency."

A caption in a video Campbell posted in December said that Charlie Kirk "died for what he believed in quit crying about it."

She also attended a No Kings rally in March and brought a sign reading "F**k ICE." Another similarly themed sign reads, "I like my ICE crushed."

RELATED: Democrat plagued by primary challenges announces 7 articles of impeachment against Trump

Photo of Rep. Shri Thanedar by Elizabeth Frantz; Washington Post/Getty Images

Campbell professes to detest the two-party system in America but claims that if forced to choose, she sides more with Democrats. The New York Post and some social media accounts have also characterized Campbell as a Democratic candidate, as does her Ballotpedia page.

However, the truth about her party affiliation is a bit more complicated.

Campbell confirmed in a statement to Blaze News that she completed "the necessary paperwork and collected enough signatures to qualify for the Democratic primary ballot" but ultimately decided to run as an independent.

"As an independent candidate, I have until July 15 to submit the required valid signatures for ballot access. I am confident I can do that because I already demonstrated the ability to organize and collect enough support during the Democratic primary process," she told Blaze News in an email.

A spokesperson for the Michigan Bureau of Elections confirmed to Blaze News that, as of Monday, Campbell had not yet formally filed petitions to run for Congress either as a Democrat or as an independent and that the deadline to file as a Democrat has already expired.

Multiple Republican candidates have filed to compete in the race, but the district is considered deep blue. The Michigan primary election will be held on August 4.

Like Blaze News? Bypass the censors, sign up for our newsletters, and get stories like this direct to your inbox. Sign up here!

Dear airlines, please stop pitching your credit cards at 33,000 feet



I have never considered flying to be a luxurious experience, and this trip was no exception. I don’t think I’m speaking out of turn when I say that all I or anyone else on the flight from Dallas to Detroit on Christmas morning wanted was for it to be over as quickly as possible.

I had waited in the inevitable jetbridge backlog, found my seat, dutifully ignored the safety briefing, and was ready to see if I could manage an hour or so of sleep. As the plane reached cruising altitude, I — having momentarily gained the upper hand in the case of Pestritto v. airline seat — began to slip into a light doze.

In the back of my mind, I knew it was coming, but that didn't make it any more bearable. The crackle of the PA system, the monotone, forced cheerfulness of the flight attendant as he delivered the fateful words: “We’d like to take this chance to tell you about a special promotion being offered on this flight.”

For a brief instant, some small part of me considered pulling the emergency door handle. Surely the icy blast of air at 33,000 feet couldn’t be any worse than enduring the dreaded American Airlines credit card pitch.

When I arrive at the airport, I am prepared to suffer.

After this brief instant of nihilism, the better angels of my nature prevailed, and I contented myself with a silent sigh, listening to the pitch as I meditated on the script’s use of the passive voice. As if the airline were saying, “This promotion is being pitched without your consent. By whom? No idea. We would certainly never inflict such an indignity upon our paying customers.”

Let me take a moment to make my position clear. I understand that air travel is an unpleasant experience. Anyone who has taken a flight more than once in his life almost certainly understands this fact.

I have shrugged my shoulders for two hours straight in a middle seat. I have sat on the tarmac for longer than I thought possible. I have nearly missed my flight because it took four TSA officers to handle the bomb threat posed by the pink sippy cup belonging to the toddler in front of me.

All that to say: When I arrive at the airport, I am prepared to suffer.

However, air travel and I used to have an agreement. Once I made it through the ritual humiliation of the airport process and actually got to my seat on the plane, I was left more or less alone to endure the next few hours as best I could.

I grew up making two-day road trips in a Suburban with my parents and seven siblings, so I consider myself something of an expert at enduring hours of cramped travel conditions. The trick is just sort of retreating within yourself, ignoring your surroundings, and letting the dull misery of the situation become a sort of vague background noise.

This strategy is why I support Delta’s recent decision to end in-flight refreshments on trips of less than 350 miles. Unless the flight is long enough to warrant it, I don’t want my restless slumber disturbed by a voice asking if I want apple juice like it’s lunchtime at the day care or, if I’m the hapless occupant of an aisle seat, my elbow socket being rearranged by the passage of the snack cart.

I want it to just be me, my popping ears, and my very sore rear end until such time as we touch down and I can begin the "Mad Max: Fury Road" experience of trying to get off the plane.

I should have known, though, that modernity is never content to rest on its laurels. Like a roaring lion, it goes about constantly seeking whom it might devour — if by “devour” we mean “deprive of both money and will to live.” Since most airline passengers are neither sober nor watchful, the airlines are as good a place for devouring as any.

RELATED: Artemis II proves America still knows how to reach for the heavens

Jim WATSON/AFP/Getty Images

American Airlines is not alone in its quest to eliminate any and all in-flight respite. I have sat through what can only be described as lottery drawings on Spirit Airlines (may she rest in peace), heard random promotions for goodness knows what on Frontier, and been pitched on the same Delta credit card I had in my wallet at the time.

I understand, to a certain degree, why the airlines see fit to inflict these announcements on their passengers. If you look into it, you’ll find that most airlines today are basically just “banks that happen to fly planes.” They actually lose money on the flying part of the operation, which probably has something to do with the incessant attempts to bring customers over to the profitable side of the business.

The details of airline loyalty programs and how they have changed the industry is a story for another time. My concern is twofold.

First: How long can I endure these incessant credit card pitches before I commit self-harm or — far worse — break down and get one of them?

Second: What’s to stop this most heinous of sales methods from spreading to other forms of transportation? How long will it be before I have to endure automated pitches for the Honda GroundMiles Card whenever I stop at a red light?

I don’t expect much when I travel. Whether I’m sitting in Dallas traffic or at cruising altitude over Oklahoma, my greatest desire at this point is to endure the agony unassisted by the vicissitudes of corporate marketing.

Michigan’s El-Sayed Said He Did 'Time' After His Arrest at a Minimum Wage Protest. He Got a Ticket, Records Show.

The left-wing candidate in the Democratic primary for Michigan’s open Senate seat, Abdul El-Sayed, told a labor union audience last month that he put his "body on the line" and did "time" after being arrested at a minimum wage protest in 2018. Police records show that he was briefly detained in a police van and promptly released with a misdemeanor ticket—and the charges were dropped a few months later.

The post Michigan’s El-Sayed Said He Did 'Time' After His Arrest at a Minimum Wage Protest. He Got a Ticket, Records Show. appeared first on .