Video: Female bully towers over and beats up elderly woman on Florida bus. Victim is left 'battered and bruised': Sheriff.



Law enforcement in Florida is looking for a female seen on video inside a bus beating up an elderly passenger last month.

A 70-year-old woman on Oct. 21 took a seat in the disabled section of a transit bus, the Broward County Sheriff's office said, adding that "her ride would end with her battered and bruised after being attacked by a fellow bus rider."

'This is repulsive. This is something that should never happen; it should not happen in any type of civilized society. What this woman did is absolutely unacceptable.'

Detectives said the attacker, who was standing, bumped into the victim several times due to the movement of the bus, officials said.

The victim asked the attacker to give her some space, officials said, after which a verbal argument ensued.

With that, officials said the attacker "intentionally and forcefully pushed her body into the victim several times. The attacker then grabbed a grocery bag and struck her in the face with it."

At one point during the assault, video appears to show the feisty elderly woman issuing a middle finger to her attacker.

The sheriff's office said the victim used her cane to defend herself, and the attacker punched the victim multiple times in the head.

Officials said several bystanders on the bus came to the victim's defense and separated her from the attacker.

RELATED: Insane video shows female beating up city bus driver before crash into restaurant — and then she actually keeps attacking him

The bus driver saw the incident and stopped the bus in the 4100 block of West Oakland Park Boulevard in Lauderdale Lakes, officials said, and that's where the attacker and a woman with her fled.

The victim suffered bruising on her forehead but declined to be transported to the hospital, officials said.

"Fortunately the victim did not suffer any major injuries. She was treated on scene," sheriff spokesperson Carey Codd told WFOR-TV.

Codd added, "This is repulsive. This is something that should never happen; it should not happen in any type of civilized society. What this woman did is absolutely unacceptable."

Broward Sheriff's Office Violent Crimes Unit detectives released video of the attack in hopes of identifying the woman who pestered the elderly woman before punching her repeatedly. You can view the sheriff's office video here.

Those with information on the identity of the attacker or the woman with her are asked to contact BSO Violent Crimes Unit Detective Andres Lopez at 954-321-4915 or submit a tip through the SafeWatch app, officials said.

Those wishing to remain anonymous and be eligible for a cash reward can contact Broward Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS (8477), submit a tip online at browardcrimestoppers.org, or dial **TIPS (8477) from any cell phone in the United States. If your tip leads to an arrest in this case, you are eligible for a reward of up to $5,000, officials said.

Like Blaze News? Bypass the censors, sign up for our newsletters, and get stories like this direct to your inbox. Sign up here!

YouTube prankster challenges cops to a duel — immediately regrets it



Infamous YouTube prankster Jack Doherty faces serious jail time after a run-in with police in Miami Beach last weekend.

The charges — which include possession of a controlled substance, possession of 20 grams or less of marijuana, and resisting an officer without violence — could get the baby-faced boor up to seven years in prison.

'After we duel, sir.'

After going viral with his "flipping" videos as a teen, Doherty has amassed a huge following — and a reputation for obnoxious public behavior — over the last decade.

Doherty was filming content for his over 15 million YouTube subscribers while parked in the middle of the street in Miami when local police asked him to move. That's when the trouble began.

In a video uploaded to TikTok, Doherty is heard responding to the request by telling police, "I challenge y'all to a duel," as he plays a gambling app on his phone. Repeated requests by the police were met with the same response. "After we duel, sir."

Fed-up cops placed Doherty under arrest, before conducting a search that led to a string of charges.

RELATED: 'The Naked Gun' creator David Zucker bashes 'frightened' Hollywood elites

YouTuber Jack Doherty Arrested While Filming Content On Miami Street

"Chill, chill, chill," Doherty said as an officer placed his hands in cuffs.

In bodycam footage from Miami Beach Police, an officer searched Doherty's pockets and found a pill before placing him in the back seat of a patrol car.

While it isn't clear what the pill was, "Inside Edition" reported that Doherty was later charged with possession of cannabis, a misdemeanor, as well as possession of a controlled substance, a felony. Another misdemeanor, resisting an officer without violence, was also charged.

The Populist Times reported, however, that Doherty was charged with possession of amphetamines and cited another video where police were visibly upset with the young male.

"You think you’re funny?" a uniformed officer asked Doherty. "If you're gonna be funny, get out of the f**king street. I don’t know who the f**k you think you are, bro," the officer added.

RELATED: Fat chance! Obese immigrants make America sicker.

Photo by Jerod Harris/Getty Images

Doherty was reportedly booked into a Miami-Dade County facility just before 9 a.m., alleging that he was released after about 10 hours.

Doherty said in a subsequent video that he "waited in a cell for five hours" before getting fingerprints and mug shots. "Then I chilled in there for another five-plus hours, maybe more," he explained.

He was later released on $500 bond, according to "Inside Edition," with an arraignment set for January.

Like Blaze News? Bypass the censors, sign up for our newsletters, and get stories like this direct to your inbox. Sign up here!

Armed crook breaks through window, orders elderly homeowner to turn over valuables — but victim fights back with his own gun



Police in Jacksonville, Florida, said they responded to a home around 12:41 p.m. Tuesday after a report that a person was shot, First Coast News said.

The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office said a man believed to be in his 70s living in the home on Arlex Drive, off Merrill Road, reportedly told police that a male armed with a gun broke through a window in the back of the home, the outlet reported.

'Just glad to have another one, another one of these guys off the streets.'

The victim said he was ordered into a back bedroom and forced to hand over his car keys and other valuables, the outlet added, citing the sheriff's office.

But the elderly victim fought back.

The sheriff's office said the homeowner was able to grab a gun and managed to shoot the suspect once in the shoulder, the outlet reported.

The wounded suspect reportedly fled the home and drove off in the victim's car, First Coast News said.

However, the sheriff's office said police found the suspect inside the vehicle about 30 minutes later and took him into custody on Fort Caroline Road, near Jacksonville University — just a few miles from the scene of the home invasion, the outlet noted.

Brandon Meredith, who was driving along University Boulevard, told First Coast News he witnessed the suspect's capture.

"Everyone had their tasers drawn," Meredith told the outlet. "They're moving up in a special kind of formation on the back of the car, heard a pop, they grabbed him and pulled him out, put him on the ground, and EMS was tending to him, and they had the intersection shut down for about two hours while this whole thing unfolded."

RELATED: Elderly Texas homeowner armed with hunting rifle spots burglar who broke through back door. It doesn't end well for intruder.

The suspect, who has not yet been publicly identified, was taken to a hospital for the gunshot wound, the sheriff's office told First Coast News, and was in police custody.

Meredith added to the outlet that he's happy with the way things ended up: "Just glad to have another one, another one of these guys off the streets."

First Coast News said those with information about the incident that could help in the investigation can contact the sheriff's office at 904-630-0500. The outlet added that anonymous tips are also welcome through Crime Stoppers.

Commenters on WJAX's Facebook post about the incident expressed a variety of opinions about the outcome. The following are but a few of them:

  • "'In custody' means the homeowner needs some range time," one commenter asserted.
  • "Dang, people still dare to break in other houses in open carry state," another user opined.
  • "He's a hero," another commenter declared.
  • "The only problem I see is the homeowner needs some shooting lessons," another user wrote, adding "shoot for center mass, and this potentially eliminates the issue."
  • "In blue states and cities, this poor homeowner would have to face trial and have his life financially ruined (at best), or spend the rest of his life in prison," another commenter observed.

Like Blaze News? Bypass the censors, sign up for our newsletters, and get stories like this direct to your inbox. Sign up here!

Democrat Congresswoman Indicted For Using FEMA Funds To Bankroll Her Campaign

Voters so far have been undeterred by her alleged crimes; the House Ethics Committee began investigating her in 2023.

Florida Congresswoman Indicted for Stealing $5 Million in Taxpayer Funds To Bankroll Her Campaign

A federal grand jury indicted Rep. Sheila Cherfilus-McCormick (D., Fla.) and her brother on Wednesday for allegedly laundering millions of dollars of taxpayer funds to her political campaign in 2021, money she then used to win a seat in Congress by just five votes.

The post Florida Congresswoman Indicted for Stealing $5 Million in Taxpayer Funds To Bankroll Her Campaign appeared first on .

Feds, local cops rescue over 100 kids in Florida, just in time for Thanksgiving



A multi-agency operation led to the recovery of over 100 children from Florida and several other states.

Operation Home for the Holidays was led by the U.S. Marshals Service and involved partnerships with the FBI’s Jacksonville Field Office, the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office, and other federal, state, and local entities.

'Many of these kids have been victimized in unspeakable ways. We will prosecute their abusers to the fullest extent of the law.'

Jason Carley, the FBI field office’s special agent in charge, explained that the mission aimed to “find missing and potentially trafficked children.”

“In these types of operations, partnerships are essential,” he added.

The law enforcement operation, which ran over two weeks, resulted in the recovery of 122 children, FBI Jacksonville reported on Monday. The children were connected to care and services.

“Protecting our children is at the core of the FBI’s mission. This operation represents the very best of what can be accomplished when state, local and federal partners come together with a shared commitment,” FBI Jacksonville stated.

RELATED: Florida accuses Roblox of allowing child groomers to exploit children through 'sexually explicit material'

Image source: FBI Jacksonville

Law enforcement agents rescued 57 children from Tampa, 14 from Orlando, 22 from Jacksonville, 29 from Fort Myers, and 13 from other states and internationally, according to the Florida Attorney General's Office.

"The children ranged in age from 23 months to 17 years old, and many had experienced various levels of abuse, neglect, exploitation, or exposure to other criminal activity," a statement from the AG's office read.

— (@)

Six individuals were reportedly arrested on felony charges, including child neglect, custodial interference, narcotics possession, sexual assault, terroristic threats, and endangerment.

Florida Attorney General James Uthmeier called the operation one of the nation’s largest child-recovery efforts.

“Many of these kids have been victimized in unspeakable ways. We will prosecute their abusers to the fullest extent of the law,” Uthmeier stated.

RELATED: Florida's historic sting rescues dozens of kids and arrests alleged predators in nation's 'largest' child rescue sweep

Photo by John Lamparski/Getty Images

“What allows our Middle Florida-based child recovery initiatives to stand out is the emphasis placed on what happens after,” said William Berger, the U.S. marshal for the Middle District of Florida. “We know these children will have needs once we find them. It only makes sense to build these operations alongside like-minded partners from across the child welfare space.”

“The United States Marshals Service is proud to stand with our partners across the state of Florida in pursuit of the safety and welfare of our children,” Berger continued. “This operation was built based upon the wants and needs of our communities. We are honored to play a leading role in answering those calls. Welcome Home and Happy Holidays!”

— (@)

Like Blaze News? Bypass the censors, sign up for our newsletters, and get stories like this direct to your inbox. Sign up here!

11-year-old arrested for alleged 'kill list' at Florida school — just 2 weeks after similar incident in same school district



For the second time in just two weeks, an 11-year-old has been arrested, handcuffed, and perp-walked after allegedly creating "kill list" at school — and both incidents occurred in the same Florida school district but involved different students in different schools. In addition, both schools are "alternative education" schools.

The Volusia County Sheriff's Office said an 11-year-old male on Monday "wrote out a kill list at Highbanks Learning Center in Deltona."

'It’s not appropriate to post about a child of this age on social media.'

The 11-year-old is "facing a felony charge of making a written threat to kill," the sheriff's office said, adding that the school resource deputy confirmed that the suspect doesn't have access to weapons.

Blaze News is not naming the suspect or showing his face because of his age.

However, the sheriff's office did name the handcuffed suspect and posted video of him being walked to a jail cell.

RELATED: Florida sheriff's office under fire for posting 9-year-old male's mug shot on Facebook after his felony arrest

Image source: Volusia County (Fla.) Sheriff's Office

Image source: Volusia County (Fla.) Sheriff's Office

While the sheriff's office added that "school threats are down recently," Blaze News reported that just two weeks ago — on Oct. 27 — an 11-year-old girl was arrested after writing a "kill list" at her school desk at Riverview Learning Center in Ormond Beach.

Riverview Learning Center and Highbanks Learning Center are "alternative education" schools, and both are part of Volusia County Schools.

The websites for both schools also tout the "iABLE (Intensive Academic Behavioral Learning Environment) program" which "provides a specialized program designed to meet the needs of students with intense emotional and behavioral needs."

In the Oct. 27 incident, the Volusia County Sheriff's Office said staff at Riverview Learning Center notified a deputy about the "kill list," which contained four names. The suspect said she was just playing, officials said. The girl was charged with making a written threat to kill as well as violating her probation.

The sheriff's office posted video after the girl's arrest showing deputies perp-walking her into a jail cell. A deputy is heard asking her if she had been there before, and she replies in the affirmative.

Blaze News did not name the suspect or show her face because of her age.

Neither Volusia County Schools nor the Volusia County Sheriff's Office immediately replied to Blaze News' requests for comment regarding the two arrests.

However, about 4,500 comments — and climbing — so far have hit the sheriff's Facebook post about Monday's arrest. Here's a sampling:

  • "I know this young man personally, and he has amazing parents ... [and] is a phenomenal football player, son, and brother," one commenter claimed on the day of the 11-year-old's arrest. "Yes, he gets in trouble sometimes, but I also think the kid would bullied and pushed ... to his limit should [he] be in jail. After he was bullied today the teacher asked him to write his feelings, which I also feel is wrong because that’s what put him here, and it was not even what you guys think it is — but they took him [anyway]; all of this is messed up."
  • "Way [too] quick," another user wrote, adding that "this young man is my friend's son; he comes to where we work at all the time and volunteers his time to the elderly; I hate how this picture is painted."
  • "It’s not appropriate to post about a child of this age on social media," another commenter said. "His actions were wrong, but it’s important to remember that he didn’t pull the trigger or bring a weapon to school. This should be seen as a mental health crisis and be treated accordingly."
  • "As a child I got taken by my father to the city jail, [and] it was expressed to me that if I acted bad, this is where I would be staying — in that jail cell," another user shared. "I learned from that, [and] learned from tail whoopings ..."
  • "Bullying should have the same if not similar consequences," another commenter said. "I’m not sure why bullying is not taken so serious[ly]. Yes, what he did was wrong, but he is a child and is learning his lesson."

Blaze News published a story earlier in October about another Florida sheriff's office that was under fire after posting a 9-year-old male's mug shot on Facebook after his felony arrest for allegedly bringing a knife into his elementary school and threatening classmates with it.

However, the Putnam County Sheriff's Office at the time told WTSP-TV that the decision to post the child's mug shot is a policy the agency has upheld since 2018, and it won't remove the post. Indeed, the sheriff's Facebook post was still up Thursday morning.

“We have not had any repeat offenders since we have put this in place," Allison Merritt with the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office added to the station.

Like Blaze News? Bypass the censors, sign up for our newsletters, and get stories like this direct to your inbox. Sign up here!