Fake Florida nurse who treated nearly 4,500 patients gets sweetheart deal; judge reportedly asserts she 'excelled at her job'



A Florida woman who fraudulently posed as a nurse and treated nearly 4,500 patients without a license escaped going to jail, according to multiple reports.

Autumn Bardisa of Palm Coast was arrested by the Flagler County Sheriff’s Office in August 2025 for posing as a nurse and treating over 4,400 patients without a license.

'This is one of the most disturbing cases of medical fraud we've ever investigated.'

The Flagler County Sheriff's Office said in a statement that the 29-year-old pleaded no contest last week to unlicensed practice of health care and fraudulent use of identification.

A seven-month investigation originally led to 14 charges against Bardisa: seven counts of unlicensed health care practice and seven counts of fraudulent use of personal identification.

However, Bardisa will not face jail time.

The Daytona Beach News-Journal reported that Bardisa was sentenced to 60 months of probation, which can be terminated after 30 months.

Circuit Judge Dawn Nichols withheld adjudication, which means Bardisa will not be a convicted felon unless she violates the terms of her probation, according to the News-Journal.

Bardisa also was sentenced to 50 hours of community service.

WTVJ-TV reported that Bardisa is prohibited from practicing medicine during her probation.

Bardisa is required to send an apology letter to the nurse whose license number she stole.

"Incredibly poor judgment. Her actions were wrong," Judge Nichols said, according to the News-Journal. "She will pay for those actions severely."

The victim of the identity theft said during the hearing that Bardisa "chose to put countless lives on the line."

However, the judge interrupted the victim and ordered her to "stop the personal attacks."

Judge Nichols proclaimed, "There is absolutely zero evidence that countless lives were on the line. Zero evidence. As a matter of fact, the information that has been presented is that she was excellent in her job, and she excelled at her job."

The News-Journal reported that Josh Davis, Bardisa's defense attorney, said he was able to convince prosecutors to waive the one-year minimum mandatory sentence for practicing nursing without a license.

Davis argued, "The reason that we are in the courthouse is because she was really good at her job, and she makes people jealous."

"Some co-workers go back and do the digging, and that’s the reason we are here," Davis claimed.

According to the News-Journal, Bardisa maintained that there is "a lot more to the story" but did not offer further specifics.

"I'm just glad it ended up the way it did,” Bardisa stated. "And my daughter wasn’t harmed at all or didn’t have to face any of the backlash."

Bardisa added, "I think a mistake shouldn’t ruin someone's life."

RELATED: Florida nurse learns fate after husband caught her having sex with stepson; boy's mom blasts 'incestuous pedophile'

The Flagler County Sheriff's Office said in an August statement that Bardisa was hired July 3, 2023, as an advanced nurse tech at AdventHealth Palm Coast Parkway and was working under the supervision of a registered nurse.

Investigators said Bardisa applied for the position as an "education first" registered nurse — a designation for those who have completed their nursing program but have not yet passed the national licensing exam.

Police stated, "During the hiring process, Bardisa then informed the hospital that she had passed the exam and provided a license number matching an individual with her first name, Autumn, but with a different last name."

Bardisa initially brushed off the discrepancy by claiming a recent name change due to marriage.

However, investigators said Bardisa never provided a marriage license to AdventHealth.

In January 2025, Bardisa was offered a promotion.

During the promotion process, a fellow employee checked the status of Bardisa's license and discovered that she had an expired certified nursing assistant license, which was then reported to health care administrators, according to police.

Authorities said AdventHealth administrators launched an internal investigation, which revealed Bardisa never verified her identity or her supposed name change.

On January 22, 2025, AdventHealth terminated Bardisa after she failed to confirm her identity, the press release said.

Following her firing, AdventHealth alerted the Flagler County Sheriff's Office.

FCSO detectives, as well as investigators with the Florida Department of Health and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, "reviewed documents and conducted interviews with AdventHealth employees" and determined that Bardisa stole the identity of another nurse, police said.

"The investigation determined that Bardisa shared a first name with the other nurse, who was employed by AdventHealth, but at a different hospital, and had attended school with her," the sheriff's office declared.

Police said Bardisa participated in medical services administered to 4,486 people from June 2024 to January 2025, despite never possessing the required nursing license.

Bardisa was arrested on August 5, 2025.

Flagler County Sheriff Rick Staly proclaimed, "This is one of the most disturbing cases of medical fraud we've ever investigated."

"This woman potentially put thousands of lives at risk by pretending to be someone she was not and violating the trust of patients, their families, AdventHealth, and an entire medical community," Staly said.

Sheriff Staly added, "Nursing is a noble profession about caring for those in need, but there is a right way and wrong way to go about it, and she chose the wrong way by using a real nurse's license."

"Because she chose to circumvent the rules, she ruined her career, and she potentially endangered patients," Staly said.

Like Blaze News? Bypass the censors, sign up for our newsletters, and get stories like this direct to your inbox. Sign up here!

Trans-identifying teen agrees to plead guilty to plotting Valentine's Day massacre at high school



A trans-identifying teen accused of plotting a Valentine's Day massacre at an Indiana high school reportedly has agreed to plead guilty to conspiracy to commit murder.

Trinity Shockley — an 18-year-old female who identifies as a male — was arrested Feb. 12 after someone notified an FBI tip line that an acquaintance was planning a school shooting, had access to an AR-15 rifle, and had just ordered a bulletproof vest.

'Everyone lives to die. I am a loser.'

The FBI — which ultimately alerted the Mooresville Metropolitan Police Department about the possible shooting plot — investigated Shockley's accounts on the Discord instant messaging app and Snapchat and found multiple correspondences in which the suspect appeared to confirm she had it in mind to shoot up her school, according to the probable cause affidavit.

In one conversation on Discord, Shockley allegedly said she had been planning a "Parkland part two" for at least a year, referring to the Feb. 14, 2018, mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida.

The affidavit indicated that Shockley confided in her school counselor on Feb. 11 that she was sexually infatuated with Nikolas Cruz — the convicted shooter who murdered 17 people at Parkland — wanted to have his children, and had written to him several times since his incarceration.

During a search of Shockley's family home, police indicated they found what appeared to be a framed photo of Dylann Roof — the white identitarian responsible for the 2015 mass shooting at the Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in Charleston, South Carolina — in the student's bedroom along with other images of mass shooters, including Cruz.

RELATED: Groomed for violence? The dark world of furries and transgenderism in America's classrooms

Photo by SAMANTHA LAUREY/AFP via Getty Images

In addition to locating a soft armor vest and ammunition in the house, police found multiple notebooks allegedly belonging to the teen containing damning entries. In one notebook, Shockley allegedly wrote on Dec. 16, 2024, "I am aslo [sic] a transgender male. I have a lot of homicidal thoughts. In all honesty, I want to be just like Elliot Rodger. He is my main influencer along with Nikolas Cruz."

Rodger is a mass murderer who killed six and injured 14 in a 2014 attack near the University of California, Santa Barbara.

Shockley allegedly wrote in an entry dated Jan. 9, "All of these minorities are useless. I bleieve [sic] others dont desreve [sic] to live. Everyone lives to die. I am a loser."

The agreement filed Monday and confirmed by chief deputy prosecutor Cassie Mellady would have Shockley plead guilty to one count of conspiracy to commit murder — a level 2 felony — and the state drop the other two charges of terroristic intimidation, the Indiana Star reported.

Although a conviction on the single count could net Shockley a sentence of 10 to 30 years behind bars, her attorney reportedly has requested that she serve no more than 12.5 years in prison and fewer than five years on probation.

In addition to having to regularly meet with mental health professionals, Shockley's probation per the proposed terms of the plea deal would be conditional on her prohibition from visiting all Morgan County school properties and searching for any material related to school shootings.

Dakota VanLeeuwen, the Morgan County judge overseeing the case, reportedly has taken the plea agreement under advisement and will issue a ruling on the matter next month.

Mellady told WIBC-FM that Shockley's trans-identification has no bearing on the case.

There has been a rash of trans-identifying mass shooters and would-be mass shooters in recent years.

For instance:

  • a trans-identifying man shot up a Catholic church full of children in Minneapolis on Aug. 27, killing two children and injuring 30;
  • a male-identifying woman planned to shoot up an elementary school and a high school in Maryland in April 2024 but was stopped in time by police — then later convicted;
  • a trans-identifying teen stalked the halls of a school in Perry, Iowa, on Jan. 4, 2024, ultimately murdering a child and an adult and wounding several others; and
  • a trans-identifying woman stormed into a Presbyterian school in Nashville on March 27, 2023, murdering three children and three adults.

Like Blaze News? Bypass the censors, sign up for our newsletters, and get stories like this direct to your inbox. Sign up here!

How Plea Deals And Paperwork Errors Let SC Career Criminal Accused Of Killing Girl Back On The Streets

'I promise you, you will be sick and tired of my face and my voice until this gets fixed,' Steve Federico said in the hearing, 'I will fight until my last breath for my daughter.'

Alex Acosta Finally Reveals Why He Offered Plea Deal To Epstein

'This information will guide our next steps'

Teacher who left claw marks on underage student's back after sex romp gets sweetheart plea deal



A former Missouri math teacher who pleaded guilty to having sex with a student could potentially serve a very short prison sentence thanks to a sweetheart plea deal.

As Blaze News reported in January, 26-year-old Hailey Clifton-Carmack was arrested for allegedly having a sexual relationship with a 16-year-old student.

'They are going to do it behind my back, so I may as well let it happen.'

Clifton-Carmack — a former teacher at Laquey High School — allegedly had sex with a minor on multiple occasions and in different locations, including at the school.

WITI-TV reported that a witness told detectives with the Pulaski County Sheriff's Office that the teacher and victim had "used students as lookouts while they had sex during school."

The victim allegedly sent photos of scratches on his back to a classmate. The student said the scratches were from Clifton-Carmack after they had sex in the classmate's driveway, according to the police report.

Blaze News reported last month that the victim's father — Mark Creighton — allegedly knew of the suspect's purported relationship with his son.

An anonymous witness reportedly told the father that she was going to report the child sex abuse, and the father allegedly responded: “They are going to do it behind my back, so I may as well let it happen.”

The father allegedly admitted to Pulaski County Detective Sgt. Bryan Gibbs that Clifton-Carmack had been to his house.

Prosecutors said Creighton “knew of the relationship of his minor child and the 26-year-old teacher, and instead of reporting the information, he continued to cover for them and allowed the relationship to continue” and “even allowed Hailey to come over to his residence and see the victim while he was present.”

The teen’s father was charged with child endangerment in January.

Clifton-Carmack allegedly denied the child sex crime accusations when questioned by detectives in December 2023. Clifton-Carmack fled to Texas, where she was arrested in January and was extradited back to Missouri.

Clifton-Carmack initially was charged with first-degree endangering the welfare of a child, second-degree statutory rape, having sexual contact with a student, fourth-degree child molestation, and seven counts of misdemeanor furnishing pornographic material to a minor.

However, the disgraced teacher made a deal and pleaded guilty to sexual contact with a student, which allows her to avoid more serious charges.

On Friday, Circuit Judge John Beger sentenced Clifton-Carmack to four years in prison. The divorced mother of two also was ordered to complete a sex offender treatment program.

The judge also said he would "receive a report on her progress and behavior in about 90 days, and if she does well, her sentence could be suspended, and she would be placed on probation," KJLU-TV reported.

Like Blaze News? Bypass the censors, sign up for our newsletters, and get stories like this direct to your inbox. Sign up here!

Middle school lunch lady accused of sexually abusing, grooming 14-year-old boy; takes plea deal to avoid trial



A Connecticut middle school lunch lady accused of sexually abusing and grooming a 14-year-old boy has accepted a plea deal to avoid trial.

Andie Rosafort, 33, pleaded guilty to second-degree sexual assault and impairing the moral of children at a Thursday hearing in Danbury state court, according to the Connecticut Superior Court clerk’s office.

According to police, Rosafort picked up the teen from a January 2023 party and drove a short distance before having 'contact of a sexual nature' with him inside her vehicle.

A lunch aide at the New Fairfield Middle School, Rosafort allegedly sent illicit photos to a student she met at the school.

Rosafort had been facing charges of second-degree sexual assault, risk of injury to a minor, and enticing a minor by computer, according to the News-Times.

The New York Post reported that the terms of her plea deal are unclear but that she would avoid a trial that was scheduled to begin this week as a result of accepting the deal.

The Post said her attorney, William Westcott, did not respond to the paper's request for comment.

In January 2023, school administrators notified law enforcement after a friend of the alleged victim said a school employee sexually assaulted the teen, according to state police

Prosecutors claim Rosafort sexually assaulted the boy in her SUV after grooming him for months on social media and through text messages.

Citing an affidavit, WTNH-TV previously reported the student told police that Rosafort had been his lunch aide when he was in the eighth grade.

The teen allegedly added that she had been talking to him for six months through Instagram and Snapchat.

The alleged victim reportedly told investigators that he received a message from Rosafort that read: "You want to see something?" He claimed that Rosafort then sent him a nude photo of herself. The teen asked the lunch aide if she sent the explicit photo by accident, and then she sent him a second nude photo, according to the affidavit.

"Rosafort allegedly continued sending unsolicited nude photographs and videos of her masturbating to the victim for months," WTNH reported. "The victim also told police Rosafort would attend his sports games and send him videos of him playing, according to the affidavit."

The alleged victim purportedly said Rosafort asked the 14-year-old to send her nude photographs of himself.

According to police, Rosafort picked up the teen from a January 2023 party and drove a short distance before having "contact of a sexual nature" with him inside her vehicle.

The teen's friends noticed he was acting strange when he returned to the party, and the boy admitted that he had "left the party to have sex with a woman," according to the Daily Mail.

The teenager reportedly said he "ended the encounter because he began to feel weird about it."

Police reportedly used phone location evidence to determine that the alleged victim and Rosafort were in the same place when the alleged sexual assault occurred.

Like Blaze News? Bypass the censors, sign up for our newsletters, and get stories like this direct to your inbox. Sign up here!

WHAT are they not telling us about the 9/11 mastermind plea deal?



September 11, 2001, saw the deadliest terrorist attack in the history of the United States, killing nearly 3,000 American citizens.

And yet, the masterminds behind the onslaught — Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and two of his accomplices — have accepted plea deals.

What Are They NOT Telling Us About the 9/11 Mastermind Plea Deal?youtu.be

“What they've done is in exchange for the removal of the death penalty as a possible punishment,” says Glenn Beck, who can’t believe these three men “haven’t even been tried yet.”

According to the report, “These three accused have agreed to plead guilty to all of the charged defenses, including the murder of 2,976 people listed in the charge sheet.”

“Now if there is anyone that deserves execution, I think it's somebody who killed 3,000 people” and “perpetrated the largest terrorist attack the world had seen,” says Glenn.

Stu Burguiere points out that the lack of a trial denies the families of the victims a critical component of their “closure process.”

“He just gets to say ‘I’m guilty’ and it’s over,” he says.

“What would be another reason not to have a trial?” asks Glenn.

“Some might think that if an entire trial were to go on, we might learn some things about how the government handled this situation, who they were dealing with, what arrangements were made for government officials from other countries. There's maybe something they might not want us to know about,” says Stu.

To hear more of the conversation, watch the clip above.

Want more from Glenn Beck?

To enjoy more of Glenn’s masterful storytelling, thought-provoking analysis, and uncanny ability to make sense of the chaos, subscribe to BlazeTV — the largest multi-platform network of voices who love America, defend the Constitution, and live the American dream.

Biden-Harris Admin Strike Plea Deal Allowing 9/11 Plotters To Avoid The Death Penalty

The three suspected terrorists have been detained by the U.S. military at Guantanamo Bay in Cuba since 2003.