Texas judge orders release of illegal aliens after they mobbed National Guard troops, rioted

[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://www.theblaze.com/media-library/texas-judge-orders-release-of-illegal-aliens-after-they-mobbed-national-guard-troops-rioted.jpg?id=51886274&width=2000&height=1500&coordinates=103,0,11,0 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//www.theblaze.com/media-library/texas-judge-orders-release-of-illegal-aliens-after-they-mobbed-national-guard-troops-rioted.jpg%3Fid%3D51886274%26width%3D2000%26height%3D1500%26coordinates%3D103%2C0%2C11%2C0%22%7D" expand=1]

A migrant horde largely comprising military-age men from Venezuela stormed the U.S. border on March 21, attacking Texas National Guard soldiers and destroying American property in El Paso. Even though federal immigration officials were reportedly uncooperative, Texas managed to arrest a number of the rioters.

Rather than hold the illegal aliens accountable, however, Magistrate Judge Humberto Acosta ordered that they be set loose in the U.S. "on their own recognizance."

Invaders riot

Blaze News previously reported that an angry mob of foreign nationals breached a razor-wire barrier at Gate 36, then overwhelmed a group of Texas National Guard soldiers who ultimately elected not to open fire.

Today down in El Paso I witnessed one of the wildest scenes I\u2019ve ever seen in my time covering the border. National Guard troops were attempting to \u2018push back\u2019 male migrants hoping to be admitted into the U.S. when the crowd grew impatient and surged forward, tearing down razor\u2026
— (@)

Another video shows illegal aliens in the area attempting to steal past razor wire and into the U.S.

Hundreds of migrants were pushed south of the concertina wire in the middle of the night by Texas National Guard. Hours later they again breached the concertina and made a rush for the border wall in El Paso, Texas. #Border #Texas
— (@)

The incident reportedly kicked off when Texas National Guard soldiers allegedly separated some women and children while attempting to create smaller groups for processing. Hundreds of foreign nationals seized upon this as an excuse to riot and overwhelm the guardsmen.

A National Guard source told the New York Post that one migrant attempted to grab a soldier's firearm. Other migrants were apparently armed with knives and other stabbing utensils.

"These people were willing to assault military," said the source. "They were willing to assault law enforcement. They have complete disregard for our laws."

Following the incident, Abbott announced that Texas had deployed 700 additional Texas National Guard troops along with 200 members of the new Texas Tactical Border Force.

Invaders arrested

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) indicated the incident was contained by the Texas National Guard and Texas Department of Public Safety, adding that the DPS was "instructed to arrest every illegal immigrant involved for criminal trespass & destruction of property."

Over 70 illegal aliens involved in the riot were arrested. Texas authorities reportedly identified over 200 additional suspected rioters, but federal immigration authorities have failed to cooperate.

One migrant, 21-year-old Honduran Junior Evaristo Benitez, was thrown into the El Paso County jail. Benitez, facing possible charges including assault on a public servant, is accused of stomping on a guardsman's knee "purposefully and with malice," according to court documents.

Invaders set loose

Magistrate Judge Acosta chastised the El Paso District Attorney's Office during an online teleconference bond hearing Sunday for suggesting prosecutors were not ready to proceed with detention hearings for each of the alleged rioters, reported the El Paso Times.

"So if the DA's office is telling me that they are not ready to go, what we're going to do is we're going to release all these individuals on their own recognizance," said Acosta.

Acosta did not indicate how many illegal aliens had been booked on a charge of "riot participation" and how many he would ultimately have released, but he noted Sunday that "hundreds of arrestees" had a right to individual detention hearings within 48 hours.

The judge rejected a request by Assistant District Attorney Ashley Martinez for a continuance to have the hearings at a later date, reported the Times.

Another hearing is expected to take place Monday for other individuals facing charges in relation to the riot.

Extra to seeking the release of the rioters, Acosta reportedly granted the release of two other illegal aliens who were jailed for allegedly cutting border fencing.

The local paper emphasized that the arrestees will remain jailed if there are U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement holds blocking their release. ICE previously told the New York Post that it is holding over 200 illegal aliens.

Response

The incident was roundly highlighted as yet another example of the fallout of the Biden administration's mismanagement of the border and the type of characters flooding into the nation by the millions.

House Speaker Mike Johnson (R) said, "Every American should witness this chilling footage. This is the result of the Biden Administration refusing to secure our border and protect America."

Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) said, "This assault on our sovereignty is an invasion at the invitation of Joe Biden."

The Biden White House attempted to displace blame, suggesting congressional Republicans were responsible for the border crisis.

"When the former President told Congressional Republicans to block the bipartisan border security agreement – he said to blame him for it," a White House spokesman told Fox News. "Well he got his wish, and the result was chaos after Governor Abbott's Operational Lone Star and razorwire were overrun yesterday. While we cannot comment on individual cases, anyone who does not have a legal basis to remain in the United States is promptly removed."

Like Blaze News? Bypass the censors, sign up for our newsletters, and get stories like this direct to your inbox. Sign up here!

Kansas lawmakers pass bill prohibiting foreign adversary-tied entities from buying land near military installations

[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://www.theblaze.com/media-library/kansas-lawmakers-pass-bill-prohibiting-foreign-adversary-tied-entities-from-buying-land-near-military-installations.jpg?id=51866952&width=1245&height=700&coordinates=0,53,0,53 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//www.theblaze.com/media-library/kansas-lawmakers-pass-bill-prohibiting-foreign-adversary-tied-entities-from-buying-land-near-military-installations.jpg%3Fid%3D51866952%26width%3D1245%26height%3D700%26coordinates%3D0%2C53%2C0%2C53%22%7D" expand=1]

Kansas lawmakers voted Wednesday to pass a bill prohibiting foreign adversary-tied entities from purchasing land near United States military installations, the Associated Press reported.

Republican legislators in the state’s House of Representatives passed Senate Bill 172 in an 84-39 vote this week. The legislation would prevent organizations with foreign terrorist ties as well as individuals and businesses from China, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, and Venezuela from acquiring property located within 150 miles of any military site.

Republican Kansas Rep. Jake LaTurner stated in a post on X Wednesday that state lawmakers recently “discussed the importance of ensuring CCP-backed companies aren’t gaining access to Kansas supply chains and crucial military bases across our state.”

He applauded legislators for passing the “strong, commonsense” bill, noting it would prevent China from “expanding its foothold in Kansas.”

“We can’t stand by and let the Chinese Communist Party steal from, bully, and spy on Kansans right in our own backyard,” LaTurner added.

In a statement to the Daily Caller News Foundation, LaTurner called the Chinese Communist Party the “greatest national security threat facing Kansas.”

A December report from the DCNF revealed that a CCP-tied chemicals company, Cnano Technology USA Inc., plans to build a $95 million, 333,000-square-foot facility in Johnson County, Kansas, that will manufacture liquid conductive paste for batteries used in electric vehicles, cell phones, and power tools. The facility’s location is only 35 miles from Fort Leavenworth and 70 miles from Whiteman Air Force Base, the DCNF reported based on research conducted by the Heritage Foundation Oversight Project and Heritage Action.

If it becomes law, SB 172 could prevent Cnano USA, a subsidiary of China-based Cnano Jiangsu Technology Co. Ltd., from building the facility.

Republican Kansas lawmakers also passed two other proposals aimed at cracking down on economic activity with foreign adversaries. In an 85-38 vote, legislators passed SB 37, which would require the state to divest from firms affiliated with adversary entities, the AP reported.

Republican state Rep. Nick Hoheisel said, “It is inappropriate for our state to allocate resources to countries that present substantial obstacles to human rights, international stability, and our national security.”

Lawmakers also voted 83-40 to pass SB 271, which would ban state agencies from acquiring drones that contain “critical components” made in or produced by a foreign adversary nation.

Democratic Rep. John Carmichael and other critics accused Republican lawmakers of pushing xenophobic measures.

“This has turned into Asian Prejudice Day in the Kansas Legislature, and it’s not a proud moment,” Carmichael stated.

Democratic Rep. Boog Highberger argued that legislation would not prevent spying but would negatively impact immigrant business owners.

“To the extent that there is a problem, much of it could be addressed by our existing prohibition on corporate ownership of farmland,” Highberger claimed.

Republican leaders in other states, including Arkansas, Missouri, and Indiana, are pushing forward similar measures to prevent prohibited foreign entities from buying land.

Like Blaze News? Bypass the censors, sign up for our newsletters, and get stories like this direct to your inbox. Sign up here!

Biden’s Border Invasion Birthed A Preventable Crime Crisis

Every crime committed by an illegal immigrant is preventable, but Democrats keep welcoming lawbreakers over the border.

Illegal immigrant from Venezuela charged after causing car crash that killed 12-year-old Missouri boy

[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://www.theblaze.com/media-library/illegal-immigrant-from-venezuela-charged-after-causing-car-crash-that-killed-12-year-old-missouri-boy.png?id=51715230&width=1245&height=700&coordinates=0,0,0,28 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//www.theblaze.com/media-library/illegal-immigrant-from-venezuela-charged-after-causing-car-crash-that-killed-12-year-old-missouri-boy.png%3Fid%3D51715230%26width%3D1245%26height%3D700%26coordinates%3D0%2C0%2C0%2C28%22%7D" expand=1]

An illegal immigrant from Venezuela has been charged with manslaughter after she caused a car crash in Missouri that killed a 12-year-old boy. The New York Post reported that the immigrant was traveling on the wrong side of the road when the crash occurred.

Edina Bracho, 33, was reportedly speeding on the opposite side of the road in Hazelwood in December when her minivan smashed into a Jeep with Travis Wolfe and his parents inside. Bracho was traveling 75 miles per hour in a 40-mile-per-hour speed zone.

The crash occurred just one day before Wolfe's birthday.

The boy was quickly rushed to St. Louis Children's Hospital, where he was ultimately put on life support. He remained on life support for three months before passing away from his injuries on Wednesday.

Bracho was charged with involuntary manslaughter, two counts of assault in the second degree, two counts of endangering a child in the first degree, and a single count of operating a vehicle without a valid license, according to KTVI.

Court documents revealed that "the defendant is here illegally from Venezuela."

Sgt. Scott Schnurbusch of the Hazelwood Police Department said, “That did not play a part in our investigation. It was just difficult identifying all parties involved because we didn’t have documentation or identifications in the vehicle to try to figure out who the two juveniles and the suspect were."

Bracho is reportedly in custody and awaiting trial. She is currently being held on a $500,000 cash-only bond. She is set to have a bond reduction hearing on April 8, per reports.

“1,700 feet is quite a big distance to travel at over 70 miles an hour on a 40-mile posted road. That’s a long way to travel in the wrong direction and not realize,” Schnurbusch said.

A GoFundMe was set up for the Wolfe family by a woman named Andrea. It reads: "Hi my name is Andrea and I am helping the sweet family of Billy's friend Travis. Travis and his parents were in a horrific head on crash in late December, sadly the day before Travis's 12th birthday."

"Travis was severely injured and has been hospitalized ever since. Please join me in donating funds to support the family with medical expenses."

At the time of this report, $23,536 of a goal of $30,000 has been raised so far.

Like Blaze News? Bypass the censors, sign up for our newsletters, and get stories like this direct to your inbox. Sign up here!

Gallup Poll: Biden’s Border Invasion Is Americans’ No. 1 Worry

Voters are clearly blaming President Joe Biden and his band of leftists for the invasion the nation has endured over the past three years.

Illegal Migrant ‘Theft Groups’ Target Pennsylvania Town

'They’re taking advantage of coming to the U.S. and committing these crimes, and being able to disappear to some degree,' the detective said

Illegal immigrants on moped drag woman on NYC street after stealing her phone, video reportedly shows

[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://www.theblaze.com/media-library/image.jpg?id=51375287&width=1245&height=700&coordinates=0,0,0,0 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//www.theblaze.com/media-library/image.jpg%3Fid%3D51375287%26width%3D1245%26height%3D700%26coordinates%3D0%2C0%2C0%2C0%22%7D" expand=1]

Illegal immigrants were reportedly caught on surveillance video dragging a woman on a New York City street after stealing her phone.

The Daily Mail reported that the horrific clip — which shows the woman sliding along a sidewalk, crashing into a pole, and then lying motionless on the street before the moped that dragged her disappears — shows one example of a larger criminal operation.

— (@)

The Daily Mail said migrants have stolen property from at least 62 women across the city and that the NYPD arrested three migrants believed to be from Venezuela in a Bronx safe house after executing a search warrant.

Here's a clip from NYPD Assistant Commissioner Kaz Daughtry explaining the broader aspects of the police investigation; a portion of the above surveillance video is included in the clip:

— (@)

The migrants are expected to be charged with multiple robberies and grand larcenies, and police are looking for more suspects, WABC-TV reported.

The station said detectives believe the suspects snatch phones to access Apple Pay and then use credit cards linked to the phones to purchase items.

NYPD Commissioner Edward Caban during a Monday news conference called the suspects "ghost criminals" who have no information that police can use to track and that they've been running an "extremely sophisticated" operation.

NYPD Chief of Detectives Joseph Kenny added in the news conference that those involved in the operation live primarily in the "migrant shelter system." He also noted that the leader of the criminal enterprise blasts a message via WhatsApp saying he's "looking for phones" and that the moped riders make $100 per day, and the phone snatchers earn between $300 and $600 per stolen phone. The phones are then brought to the leader's residence, where a "tech guy" hacks into the phones and accesses the owners' banking and financial information, Kenny said. The crooks use that information to make purchases, and when accounts are drained, the phones are shipped to Columbia to be reprogrammed, Kenny added.

— (@)

WABC added that the news of the arrests comes as criticism grows against Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg after only one of the migrants believed to have attacked two police officers in Times Square was put behind bars while four others were released without bail.

3 migrants arrested in the Bronx for citywide crime spree youtu.be

Like Blaze News? Bypass the censors, sign up for our newsletters, and get stories like this direct to your inbox. Sign up here!

'Migrant criminal activity is a real problem,' police chief says after 6 charged for 2 heists from same Macy's on same day

[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://www.theblaze.com/media-library/image.jpg?id=51189290&width=1245&height=700&coordinates=0,40,0,0 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//www.theblaze.com/media-library/image.jpg%3Fid%3D51189290%26width%3D1245%26height%3D700%26coordinates%3D0%2C40%2C0%2C0%22%7D" expand=1]

The police chief of Oak Brook, Illinois — a western suburb of Chicago — said that "migrant criminal activity is a real problem" after six people were charged with felony burglary and felony theft in connection with two separate incidents at a Macy's on Tuesday.

What are the details?

The DuPage County State's Attorney's Office on Wednesday said police responded around 1:45 p.m. to a call about retail theft at Macy’s in 1 Oakbrook Center.

Officials said it's alleged that Elvis Rodriguez-Rubio, 28, Gabriela Salzar-Vasquez, 30, Victor Sevilla-Arteaga, 33, and Danielis Vasquez-Arteaga, 27 — all of Venezuela and all staying in Countryside — entered the store and went to the Tommy Hilfiger section where Vasquez-Arteaga and Salazar-Vasquez grabbed merchandise and took the items to the second floor.

Officials said the two females grabbed shoes, entered a fitting room, and then exited the fitting room wearing the merchandise, after which the four individuals departed the Macy's without paying for the items that totaled almost $928. Officials said it's alleged that a loss prevention officer confronted them.

Police just before 6:30 p.m. responded to another call of a retail theft at the same Macy's, officials said.

Authorities said it's alleged that Nicolas Paillacan-Bravo, 20, and David Saez-Vega, 34 — both of Chile and staying in Chicago — entered the store, used a magnet to remove anti-theft devices from merchandise, and placed 54 items worth just over $10,000 into two suitcases they grabbed from the luggage department.

Police officers confronted the pair after they exited the store, allegedly without paying for the items, officials said.

Judge Joshua Dieden on Wednesday denied the state’s motion to detain all six defendants pre-trial, authorities said, adding that all six were charged with one count of felony burglary (Class 2) and one count of felony retail theft (Class 3).

'Migrant criminal activity is a real problem'

Oak Brook Chief of Police Brian Strockis said he believes "six felony arrests in one day illustrates that migrant criminal activity is a real problem" and that the number of such arrests "that we have had in the last couple of months is significant and would be taxing for any police department."

DuPage County State’s Attorney Robert Berlin added that "contrary to popular belief, retail theft is not a victimless crime" and that it causes "significant financial hardship to businesses and their employees, which results in higher prices for shoppers and loss of investment and tax revenue for entire communities."

Like Blaze News? Bypass the censors, sign up for our newsletters, and get stories like this direct to your inbox. Sign up here!